Want a delicious holiday treat (that's healthy, too)? Try this warm, spicy gingerbread loaf. It's perfect for for dessert on a chilly winter night!
Classic holiday flavor and a lovely treat to enjoy with coffee or tea.
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 T. ground ginger
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. sea salt
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. blackstrap molasses
3 T. olive oil
1 t. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x5 loaf pan with oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add remaining wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
4. Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and mix gently with a spatula until combined (do not overmix).
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Let cool.