For Mother's Day this year, my mom asked my brother and me to host a brunch for the family!
I was thrilled! I love coming up with menus, and I wanted to do something really special for everyone.
It's so important to me to eat healthy and to absolutely LOVE what I eat! And I wanted my family to experience a healthy and delicious brunch that feels indulgent, yet leaves them energized for the day!
One of the dishes I served was Greek yogurt topped with homemade granola and fresh fruit. It's simple, yet melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
And everyone - EVERYONE - was begging me for the recipe.
I figured you might want it too...
• 4 c. GF old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1 ½ c. raw nuts and/or seeds
• 1 t. sea salt
• ½ t. cinnamon
• ½ c. olive oil
• ½ c. maple syrup (or honey)
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• ⅔ c. dried fruit (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350* and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Pour in the oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix well. Pour the granola onto prepared pan and spread it into an even layer.
4. Bake until golden, about 20 – 30 minutes, stirring halfway (note that the granola will further crisp up as it cools).
5. Let the granola cool completely before breaking into pieces and stirring in dried fruit!